Why Press on nails are better than Acrylics and Gels
When it comes to carpentry, no other thing except having killer nails can draw out the required extra boost of confidence. Artificial nails could be a great alternative if you are not a fan of your natural nail’s shape, size, colour, or strength. But, the problem with most carpenters arises with the availability of so many different types of artificial nails, now the confusion is to figure out which methods are worth trying out. Among all the available nails, acrylic nails and press on nails Australia came out as a tough competitor. So, which one is better? Let’s figure it out.
What are Press-on nails?
Press on nails are available in a variety of colours, designs, and shapes, they are prepared from acrylic resin. In order to attach them to the nails, either double-sided glue strips, nail glue, or an attached adhesive strip are used. As these are available in a variety of different sizes, prior to application, you can choose the right size for each of your fingers.
These press-on nails are specially designed for home usage. In general, if done properly, onecan complete the relatively quick process in under ten minutes. The longevity of the press on nails completely depends on how rough you are with them, these can last over a week or two, if you care for them properly. Another additional benefit of some press on nails is that they are reusable. Once you figured out that the time for reapplication has approached, you can simply put another dot of nail glue and everything will be so far so good.
What are Acrylic Nails?
Back then when there was no such thing as Instagram, acrylic nails were considered the most worthy, these were used toobtain Instagram-worthy nails. All thanks to the nail formsand tips that emerge during the application process as they are a great way to achieve the appearance of longer nails and bring change to the nail shape.
These acrylic nails are perfectly designed to be applied in salons by combining a mix of liquid and powder monomer. Blob formation takes place upon their combination and then these are shaped onto your nail using air drying and brush. Before applying buffed down to the desired shape and thereby give a shiny seal to the acrylics. Even though acrylic nails are known for their durability, depending on how quickly your nails grow out, they do generally need to be filled every two to three weeks.
What are Gel Nails?
Gel nails are artificial nail enhancements that are generally used as nail polish and extensions. On average the gel nails last for around 14 days and give off a glossy appearance. The application of these gel nails is quite simple, in order to perform it, photo initiators are used on the nail. Then ultraviolet light rays are used to cure it for a couple of minutes. The results so derived from the process is eye-catching, strong, but expensive. As usual, the application time is quite long, whereas removing them is relatively easy. Like other removers the removal process is similar, it takes around 20 minutes for the nails to be dipped in acetone and then the process of peeling takes place.
In the present time, these artificial nails have gained massive popularity, all thanks to the advancement in the cosmetic industry. In the year 2017, Gel-X, a new kind of gel extension was introduced for all the make-up enthusiasts who were willing for something different. Basically, this is a soft gel yet quality coating that may either be placed on the tip or else can be applied on the entire nail.
Pros and Cons of Acrylic Nails & Press-On Nails
No matter whatever it is, everything comes up with pros and cons, the same goes with press on nails and acrylic nails. In case, you are planning to try out press on nails or acrylic nails, then here are a few of the pros and cons that you need to know before the application.
- Acrylic Nails (Pros) –
- These are very durable.
- It gives a professional look along with a proper manicure.
- You can customise it to ask for your preferences, be it with design, shape, and length.
- It will last up to three weeks if you don’t wish to get it removed or refill it.
- Acrylic Nails (Cons) –
- It is a time-consuming process, you need to spend well-estimated salon sessions and keep going back to add up over time. It is quite expensive too.
- Even some users have developed symptoms as these artificial nails cause a lot of damage to natural nails. Prolonged and sustained effects remain for a while even after they are removed.
- As these give a professional look, they also need to be removed professionally with the help of strong chemicals like acetone which isn’t pleasant enough to be around.
- If you are looking for something that is stylish, yet gives a natural look then these are not the nails that you should look for. Always look for alternative nail supplies Australia.
- Press-On Nails (Pros) –
- One of the most pleasant thing about the press on nails is that you don’t have to book your appointment for long salon hours, you can easily do it from the comfort of your house and that too in a matter of few minutes.
- As you can apply them all by yourself, these are more cost-effective than acrylic nails.
- Unlike acrylic nails, these are not difficult to remove.
- They don’t have any adverse effects on your natural nails.
- If you are more into trying out different designs, then these are the perfect solutions that come up with a variety of colours, shapes, and designs.
- Press-On Nails Cons) –
- The preparation of these kinds of nails are vital, some brands look very cheap.
- If you work more often then chances are even that they will come off randomly.
- Like acrylic nails, they won’t last long.
How to apply press-on nails at home
If you are looking for something easy, quick, and affordable then press on nails are great options to go with, infact,you can apply them on your own. When it comes to how to apply them at home, you can say that there is a slight learning curve. However, with regular practice, you can pro it with the six easy steps mentioned below.
- In order to provide a good base for your press-on nails, you need to prepare your nails properly.
- Never choose a nail that is too small or too big, always choose the right nail size for each of your fingernails.
- Don’t put extra pressure on your natural nails, you need to be specific with the bonding between press-on nails and natural nails.
- You need to peel off the adhesive cover of the nail that you have selected, then if required you can apply any extra nail glue and then press them right up against your cuticle.
- Avoid direct contact with water.
- If you want, you can even put a hardcover or hardener coat over it.
Where to Buy Press-on nails
If you are looking to buy press-on nails of the best quality then Exodus Nails & Co. will be happy to serve you delightfully. Over the years, we have worked hard to offer you professional yet affordable press on nails. It is always recommended to buy your press-on nails from a specialised company as they are well versed with the type of nails that you require. At Exodus Nails & Co., we produce high-quality products that are worth buying.
Last but not the least, press-on nails are better than acrylics nails and the reason that stands out is affordability. However, press on nails does have other advantages like they don’t cause any damage to your natural nails and are more time-saving. If applied correctly and with proper care, these nails would last longer and look amazing. So, instead of spending all your time and money on acrylic nails, prefer to try press on nails Australia instead.